This session was presented January 9, 2018. So that we might continue the discussion, please feel free to comment on anything reviewed that evening or on the questions from the workbook, listed below.
- Why do you think two of Jesus’ disciples didn’t recognize Him on the road to Emmaus?
- Why would this study we are beginning be foolish if Jesus had not risen from the dead?
- Can you describe an experience like these two disciples where your heart was on fire for God?
- Can you think of some examples of how Gnosticism exists today?
- Why do you think God wants you to know that He is not solitary?
- How does the love between a husband and wife reflect the inner life of God?
- James 2:19 reads: “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder.” James is saying that demons believe in God and yet do not have faith. How is faith more than believing?
Other Questions from Session One
- What can we offer at Saint Kilian Parish to foster your spiritual life?
- How can we foster faith in our children and younger parishioners?
- If you have ever made a retreat, what difference has it made in your spiritual life?
- If you have never gone on a retreat, what holds you back from attending or what concerns do you have?
- What is/was the most challenging obstacle to prayer for you? What ways did you try to overcome that obstacle?
- What is one thing you could do to enhance your prayer life?
- What is your favorite prayer or prayers?