Symbolon – Session 4 The Story of Salvation


Overview of Session Four

The Story of Salvation was the topic for this session and spoke about the three major parts in this story: Creation, the Fall and Redemption. We are in the middle of this story and have a role to play! No matter how small a part, we have an irreplaceable role in God’s plan.

Questions 

  • A 2011 poll by CARA, the Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate, found that only 17 percent of Catholics said they believe that Satan is a living being. The vast majority, the remaining 83 percent, report thinking of Satan as merely a symbol of evil. What are your thoughts?
  • Why couldn’t God just forgive sinners? Why was Jesus’ death necessary?
  • Jesus tells us that we are to take up our cross and follow him. What does this mean for you? What is your “Way of the Cross”?
  • If only God can save, what does it mean that you have a role in salvation history?

Please share your thoughts on these questions or anything else we talked about during this session!

Share your thoughts!