December 31, 2018
- Jim Rizzo, cousin of parishioner Ann (John) Hanovick, who passed away last night. Jim had been on our prayer list since August when he was diagnosed with small cell metastatic lung cancer.May God welcome Jim into Eternal Life and may his family and friends be consoled in their loss.
- L to begin a life with Jesus.
- Joni and Ron.
- A special intention for Catholic college education.
- Jim K. as he continues to battle pancreatic cancer.
- For families who have struggled with the experience of addiction.
December 30, 2018
- Bennett, a five month old baby, who is now considered a failure to thrive. Pray that he might begin to gain strength and continue to gain weight.
- The mother of a parishioner who was diagnosed with leukemia. May God take her in her sleep and that she does continue not suffer.
- Erin, who is a parishioner and prayer chain member. She had an initial blood test that indicated an autoimmune disease due to a high level of antibodies. Please pray for negative results on the new tests they will run.
December 29, 2018
- Rose Konig Hallahan who passed away early yesterday morning. Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.
- Patricia who has bladder cancer and is in constant pain.
- Officer Singh of the Newman, California Police Department. May his soul rest in peace and may perpetual light shine upon him.
- The victims of the volcano and earthquake in Mt. Etna, Sicily.
December 28, 2018
- Linda who we have been praying for and who has died. Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. Thank you for all your prayers for her.
- Rose who is 100 years old and is not doing well, and may be nearing the end of her wonderful life.
- Sue and her family. All of them are having a problem dealing with stage 4 cancer.
- John S.who has been in the hospital for 6 weeks.
- Please pray for complete healing for Tom.
- Please pray for Allen, Karen. Nancy.
- Chis that she have complete healing since her recent surgery.
- Katherine and her many health issues.
- Please continue to pray for complete healing for Marcie.
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God for prayers answered! Kathy’s failing eyesight was diagnosed as cataracts and not something more serious. Please keep her in prayer as she will have surgery in a few weeks.
December 26, 2018
- Brilani, granddaughter of a parishioner, who was transported and admitted to Children’s Hospital, Pittsburgh, before dawn Christmas morning. May the staff be able to diagnose and treat her successfully.
- Amy, that her knee surgery today will be successful and her recovery without complication.
- John, the father of a parishioner, who is fighting acute leukemia, that he may regain physical strength, and remain strong in spirit and feel less tired and weak. Prayers to keep him safe, and to keep his caregivers healthy and strong too.
December 25, 2018
- Dennis, the father-in-law of a parishioner’s daughter. He is still in ICU with many complications from heart attack, internal bleeding, transplanted kidney and now on dialysis and a ventilator.
- Bridget McCluskey , sister of parishioner Eileen Sullivan, who passed away Sunday. May God welcome Bridget into eternal peace and joy. May her family be comforted in their loss.
- Christine, a parishioner, who is awaiting results to confirm the doctor’s diagnosis of a serious disease. Prayers for peace and healing in this time of uncertainty.
- Fred, a parishioner, who fell recently and is in poor health. Also, for his wife so that she can continue to be his support and caregiver.
- The poor, the sick, the marginalized, the broken, the brokenhearted, and all those who are need of receiving something.
December 24, 2018
- Patty who has severe stress at work and is dealing with chronic disease.
- Kathy who is having trouble with her eyesight and is completely unable to see out of one eye.
- All who are affected by the government shut down.
- The men and women in the United States military who are serving our country.
- All who are traveling, that they might arrive at their destinations and return home safely.
- All hospice and hospital workers worldwide.
- The victims of the tsunami in Indonesia.
December 22, 2018
- Carol, the sister of a parishioner. Her cancer is back and chemotherapy starts on January 3rd. May God please give her the strength to go through this again.
- Sam, a 32 year old man recently diagnosed with muscular myopathy, a very serious muscle degenerative disease, who was on our list a couple days ago. He was admitted to Cleveland Clinic on Wednesday, and things are very serious. He only has one kidney and it is barely functioning. They started dialysis yesterday. He is on oxygen and can’t breathe without. They are praying for a Christmas miracle.
- Dennis and family tho have lost two sons to violence.
December 21, 2018
- Kurt who has been battling cancer for a long time. It has now spread to his bones and he is starting radiation on Christmas Eve.
- Stella, Karen, Rose, and Mary.
- Mel who is having surgery Thursday.
- Please pray that a young man with a young family finds a job.
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God for prayers answered! Katie’s surgery went very well. Praised be Jesus Christ! Thanks for the prayers.
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God for prayers answered! Chris’ surgery was successful on Wednesday. Praised be Jesus Christ!
December 19, 2018
- William Fralic, son-in-law of parishioner Barbara Hunter, who died on December 13th. Bill’s obituary can be found HERE in the Post-Gazette. Pray for comfort and consolation for Bill’s wife, Susan and their family.
- Lawrence Kristoff who passed away on Sunday. Larry’s obituary can be found HERE in the Post-Gazette. A mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday at 10 am in Saint Kilian Church. May Larry’s family be comforted in their loss.
May the Lord welcome Bill and Larry to their heavenly home and the joys of Eternal Life.
- Ashley, friend of a parishioner’s daughter, who has stage 4 cancer. She is only 39 years old, married and has two young children. May God be with Ashley and her family on this journey and bring them comfort and healing.
- Sam, a 32 year old man recently diagnosed with muscular myopathy, a very serious muscle degenerative disease. He is in desperate need of a muscle biopsy that can only be done at the Cleveland Clinic or Johns Hopkins, both of which have been contacted by his doctor but they have not heard back from either one. He lives in Columbus so Cleveland is much closer. Also prayers for his partner, the niece of a parishioner, who is very stressed and concerned.
- Mike, the husband of Kim, a parishioner’s niece, whose battle with cancer is coming to an end. He has been given only 2 or 3 days. Pray for Mike that God may welcome him home and for strength for Kim during this difficult time.
- Tracy who was in a car accident and suffered severe leg injuries. Pray for her nephew who was in the car with her. Pray for Wayne who was in the other vehicle that he heals from his injuries.
- Chris who is having knee surgery Wednesday.
- Austin as he starts a mission on a submarine. Please pray for his parents too.
- Ray P and family.
- Mac and family.
December 18, 2018
- Maureen, sister of a parishioner, whose ovarian cancer has returned after 7 years and is starting chemotherapy on Wednesday in Seattle. Please pray her side effects are not as severe as the first treatment and she stays positive over the next 4 months of treatment.
- Julie, daughter of parishioners, who has been battling cancer for several years. May the Lord grant her healing and strength.
- Jim K. who has pancreatic cancer.
- Katie who is having back surgery today.
- David to have an excellent medical checkup tomorrow.
December 17, 2018
- Dennis, the father-in-law of a parishioner’s daughter, who had a heart attack.
- Peggy, a friend of parishioners, who just found out she has an aggressive form of breast cancer.
- Connie who was attacked by three Saint Bernard dogs two weeks ago. She still has difficulties and for her mother, Dorothy who was admitted to the hospital and is in ICU.
- Joan who is having many health issues and needs an urgent operation. The doctors cannot operate until her condition improves.
- Please pray that something valuable that has been misplaced will be found.
December 16, 2018
- Catherine Ryan, a member of Holy Sepulcher Parish, who died this past Friday. Catherine is the aunt of Saint Kilian Parishioner Kate (Phil) Campbell. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 am in Saint Kilian Church on Tuesday. Catherine’s obituary can be found here on the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home website. May she be one with all the saints in heaven.
- Sue who is having emergency surgery Sunday morning for a brain tumor.
- Kelly who just had her first baby and the baby has an infection and Kelly is in intensive care from excessive bleeding.
December 15, 2018
- Mark Schaffer, brother of Alex Schaffer a parishioner of Holy Sepulcher Parish, who passed away. Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May his soul rest in peace.
- Please pray for the victims and families of the nine deceased individuals in the tragic train crash in Ankara, Turkey on December 13. May their souls rest in peace and may perpetual light shine upon them.
- Robbie who is in grave condition due to the opioid epidemic, and is on a ventilator. Please also pray for his parents.
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God for prayers answered! Sean home safely thru rain and fog.
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God for prayers answered! David received news that his polyps were benign! Praised be Jesus Christ! God is very good!
- Katherine, that she has a complete healing.
- Nancy T. who will have back surgery soon.
- Please pray for Karen, John, Joshua, and Allen.
December 13, 2018
- Jim, the cousin of a parishioner, who was on our prayer list in July when he was diagnosed with metastatic cancer. The doctors are saying he only has a month to live. Please pray for his comfort and peace during his last days and for his family who are taking care of him.
- Kristin, a 30 year old with one small child at home, who has been diagnosed with a blood infection, reappearance of pneumonia and several other problems. She has been placed on ‘last resort’ antibiotics. The only option to save her life is a lung transplant, but before a transplant can take place, she must be free of any infections and have gained some weight. Pray that she will become eligible for the transplant, and then for the right donor.
- Carol, that her PET scan will be clear.
- Jim who just completed his 4th round of chemo. Pray that he continues to regain his strength.
- Susan who is having an MRI next week. Symptoms suggest a brain tumor.
- Please pray for safe 4 hour journey home tomorrow for Sean.
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God! The colonoscopy went well for David. There were three polyps found, but they were removed without a problem. Praised be Jesus Christ! Please pray that the lab results from the polyps come back negative for cancer.
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God! The three people missing in the underground mine in Clear Creek, West Virginia have been found.
December 12, 2018
- Ken for negative results from his body scan.
- David who has a colonoscopy Wednesday. Pray the results are negative and he gets through the prep.
- Adam, Diane S., Karen M., Kyle, Rene S., Tim
- For all students taking finals this week. May the Holy Spirit guide them and let their many hours of studying pay off with successful results.
Also, praise God for these prayers of Thanksgiving! –
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God for prayers answered! Regarding Shirley’s friend, Nancy who had the brain seizures, they took the intubation tube out of her successfully today! Praise God, an answer to our prayers! The intubation was a real worry, since this was life threatening, and they tried it unsuccessfully a few times to take it out. We still need prayers since she is still in ICU.
- Prayers of praise for the positive outcome of Kenny’s cancer surgery last week and continued prayers that God will guide the hands of his physicians during his upcoming second surgery. Prayers of strength for his wife Jill as she is his full time care giver.
- Gavin, a 13 year old who has been on our prayer list. He recently had surgery which went well and the surgeon and anesthesiologists feel all went as expected. He will start PT tomorrow and hopefully come home in 4-5 days. The road in front of him is still along one but God is so good… with all of the prayers I know he’ll climb the mountains. Thank you and God bless you all.
December 11, 2018
- The mother of Rosa, a parishioner, that when it’s time for her to go with God he will take her in her sleep and she will not suffer also ask God to keep her family the palm of His hands.
- Mrs. D. who fell and hurt her back.
- M. to make the right career development decisions.
- Please pray for a special real estate transaction.
December 10, 2018
- Tom, father of a parishioner, who is having a lot of pain due to bone caner.
- Dave that his test comes back negative for cancer.
- Y. that she stops her destructive behavior and gets her life back on a better track of accountability.
- Joanne’s complete healing from her broken shoulder.
- Annie as she works so long and hard to cover for low numbers of staff. Please send her qualified applicants to care for your sick.
- Sean to be safe on his 4 hour journey to his workplace.
December 9, 2018
- Allen for complete healing.
- Marcie and her recent health issue.
- Carol and husband.
- Karen and Katherine.
- Stella who is improving. Please continue praying for her and Rose.
- The victims, crew and families of the U. S. Marines fighter planes that collided in Japan on December 5.
- The victims of the night club stampede tragedy in Italy.
- Dale who is in the ICU.
- Sue who has a detached retina.
- David to have a swift and just settlement in his medical claim.
- All medical and first responders in their line of duty.
December 7, 2018
- Cindy, a parishioner, who is receiving her kidney transplant today. That the surgery and recovery may be without complications and for her brother-in-law who is the donor.
- Bobby who is in last stage of cancer, for peace for him and for consolation for his family.
- John as he fights acute leukemia, that he stays strong, positive and safe. Please pray for his family caregivers too.
- Kenny who was recently diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Prayers that his surgery and follow-up treatments will be successful according to God’s will. Prayers also for peace and strength for Kenny and his family.
- Please pray for healing for Dale’s blood clot.
- Mary F. who is in the hospital with a virus.
- Thank you for the prayers for Jack N. He is still in the hospital, improving every day but out of ICU. Please keep him in prayer.
December 6, 2018
- A married couple having serious problems in their relationship. May she be open to forgiveness and may the Holy Spirit open up his heart, soften his words and be open to counseling.
- John as he fights acute leukemia, that he stays strong, positive and safe. Please pray for his family caregivers too.
- Kenny, a friend of parishioners, who was recently diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Prayers that his surgery and follow-up treatments will be successful according to God’s will. Prayers also for peace and strength for Kenny and his family.
- Stella who has many health issues and is in the hospital in the process of passing. Please pray for Rose and Stella’s dedicated family.
- Safe travel by train to Chicago and for all travelers.
- Mr. H.
- Marion S.
December 5, 2018
- Mimi, newborn baby, and family.
- Tamica and family.
- Rachel to find quiet time for a closer relationship with Jesus.
- Bernie that his new position bring him reflection and healing.
December 4, 2018
- Joanne Burke, a parishioner, who passed away on Sunday. Please keep her husband Richard and their family in your prayers. Joanne’s obituary an be found here in the Post Gazette. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday at 10 am in Saint Kilian Church.
- Bill Snider, a parishioner, who died yesterday afternoon. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Friday at 12 Noon in Saint Kilian Church. Pray for his wife Mary Jane and their family during this time of their loss. Funerals arrangements are not complete, but are being made through the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home.
Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord. May their souls and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
- The friend of a parishioner who is having a heart cauterization today.
- Urban, grandson of parishioners, who will be interviewing at St. Louis University Medical School today.
- Viva who is in hospice care.
- Bob who is seriously ill with many health problems.
- Frank who had his third chemo pump treatment yesterday.
- Shirley who is having triple bypass surgery today.
- Bud, that he might have successful back surgery today’
- Emmett who will be having heart catheterization Wednesday.
- Beth for a successful procedure on Wednesday.
- Connie who was attacked by two St. Bernard dogs on Sunday afternoon. She was taken to the hospital and was treated but is still in a lot of pain.
- Kevin and his family who is going through some rough times.
December 3, 2018
- Dick who has many abdominal complications after colonoscopy.
- Frank who will have his third Chemo Pump treatment today.
- Please pray in thanksgiving to God for prayers answered! Thanks for Sean’s job 4 hours away from home in Iowa. Please pray to keep him safe during the winter storms.`