December 31, 2017
- Prayers of Thanksgiving for the mother of a parishioner’s sister-in-law, who has been on our prayer list. She had surgery a few days back and through all the prayers and positive thoughts, her mass was benign. She went home from the hospital Friday. Continued prayers for strength and recovery for her and for her husband as he cares for her!
December 30, 2017
- Joyce, a young lady that has been on our prayers list before, is in need of many more prayers at this time. Joyce has been put on Hospice and not doing well. She is a strong person that has been fighting cancer for many years and now she needs to receive the strength to get through this difficult time. May God wrap his arms around her to let her feel the peace of his love.
December 28, 2017
- Tom, father of parishioners, who is a cancer patient and is very sick with the flu.
December 26, 2017
- Dr. Howard Ferguson, Jr., father of parishioner Bill (Jeanne) Ferguson who passed away December 20th. Howard’s obituary can be found HERE. May he rest in peace and may his family and friends find comfort and support at this time of their loss.
- The mother of a parishioner’s sister-in-law who went into the hospital on Christmas Eve for what looked like a appendicitis. She had to have surgery today. The surgeons found a mass around her appendix as well as infection. For her healing and for good results from the pathologist on the mass.
- The friend of a parishioner who is struggling with the sudden loss of her father. For peace and comfort in her heart!
December 25, 2017
- Prayer of thanks for Lenny, cousin of a parishioner, who had a mass on his brain. The mass was removed and he is home to spend Christmas with his family. They will not know the outcome of the biopsy for a few days so please continue to pray for him and his family.
- John, for successful hip surgery and speedy recovery back to health.
December 24, 2017
- Vic who is 72 and is going through lung cancer. The fluid is building up in his lungs and they can’t control it.
December 23, 2017
- Bill, the brother of a parishioner, who is going into the hospital to test why he is having bleeding and stomach pain. Also, his sister, Ginny who was just released from the hospital she can’t keep food down.
- John, the father of a parishioner, that God may keep him near and give him courage to undergo further medical work up. Pray for good news.
- Susan, who has severe glaucoma and had a bad reaction to medicine which left her with total intolerance to light. She can only find relief in a room in total darkness. We beseech the Lord to make this a temporary issue and lead her to some use of her vision again.
December 22, 2017
- Abby, daughter of parishioners, who is taking her boards for her Nurse Practitioner’s License today.
- Katie, cousin of a parishioner who suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm.
- Bob, the son-in-law of parishioners, who is having carpal tunnel surgery today. That the surgery might be successful and relieve the pain and numbness he has been experiencing.
December 21, 2017
- The sister of a parishioner who lost here Job after more than 20 years with the same company. She is in her 60’s and need to find work for a few more years. Pray that her interview today goes well.
- The daughter of parishioners, that she might have a successful surgery and receive good results of her tests.
- Lenny, the cousin of a parishioner, who is facing surgery after doctors discovered a mass on his brain following a collapse at work. This is complicated by heart issues and the need to take him off the blood thinner he was taking. Pray that the doctors will be able to remove the mass. Pray also for his family who just recently lost their youngest brother.
- Sister Raphael Frank, a Benedictine sister and aunt of parishioner Nanette Quatchak-Heinbach, who passed away yesterday evening following a stroke earlier in the day. Also for her family, that they may be comforted in this sudden loss. May Sr. Raphael and all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
December 20, 2017
- Michele who is scheduled for further testing after a recent mammogram.
December 19, 2017
- For the son of parishioners, who is currently in the middle of a 20 hour drive in his move out west. May his travels be safe.
- For all who will be traveling in the coming days to be with family and friends, may they arrive at their destinations safely and have a blessed Christmas with their loved ones.
December 18, 2017
- John, the father of a parishioner, as he begins 6 weeks of radiation therapy. Prayers the treatments will be successful and that the side effects will be manageable.
- Alyssa who will be having a surgical procedure today. That the procedure is without complications and for a healthy recovery.
- The friend of parishioner with head/neck cancer. Prayers for her and her young family as well as for those treating her as she begins aggressive treatments
December 16, 2017
- Pete, a cousin of a parishioner who is undergoing treatment for leukemia.
- Brent, a friend of a parishioner, whose cancer has metastasized. Doctors continue to be positive that his new treatment will be successful.
- Andrew, who has been on our prayer list. His mental health has spiraled downward and he was recently admitted for psychiatric evaluation. Pray also for his single mom as she faces uncertainty with her son’s mental illness and the anger directed at her.
- Donna, the niece of a parishioner, who will be having a hysterectomy on Monday. Pray that the doctors remove the cancer and that it has not spread.
- Carol, the sister of a parishioner, and her family as they await the prognosis and treatment plan for her stage 4 ovarian cancer.
December 13, 2017
- Stephen who has contracted pneumonia.
- Cathy who recently had emergency brain surgery to correct a brain bleed. She faces future surgery to re-attach part of her cranium and also faces uncertainty with treatment options because she is homeless and indigent.
December 12, 2017
- Herb, father of a parishioner, who is battling Macular Degeneration. He has lost the sight in one eye. Plans are to see his physician on today to find the cause of the sudden blindness.
- The friend of a parishioner who has cancer and is need of prayers for healing so she can come home for the holidays.
- The friend of a parishioner whose father was killed. That she and her family find peace and understanding after this tragic accident.
- The friend of a parishioner whose husband suffered a heart attack. While he is still critical, there have been some improvements through the night!
December 11, 2017
- The son-in-law of parishioners who is going for another set of scans today. Please pray that they will again be clear and that he will be cancer free.
- Prayers of thanksgiving for Rich who has been on our prayer chain. His battle with pancreatic cancer continues to defy the odds. His latest test results show the tumor has not grown. We praise God for giving Rich this time with friends and family.
December 9, 2017
- The wife of a parishioner, who is struggling with health issues from a serious illness in 2015.
- Steve, the friend of parishioners, who will begin 6 1/2 weeks of radiation in mid-December followed by 12 weeks of chemotherapy. Prayers that the treatments will be effective.
December 8, 2017
- Joyce, the friend of a parishioner, who begins 12 weeks of chemotherapy, followed by radiation, for recently diagnosed breast cancer. Additionally, the cells in her lymph glands are fast growing, and she is very frightened, as is her family.
- George, a friend of a parishioner, who will begin chemotherapy for liver cancer.
- John, a friend of a parishioner, who had a recurrence of bladder cancer and is beginning other round of chemo.
- Kim, niece of a parishioner, as she facies changes in her life following a divorce.
- Andrew, who has been on our prayer list in the past. Pray for guidance as he continues to struggle and make inappropriate choices in his life.
- Ryan Shazier who suffered a spinal cord injury in the Steelers game.
December 7, 2017
- Harold “Sonny” Worthing, a parishioner, who passed away yesterday. Sonny’s obituary can be found here at the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home website. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated in Saint Kilian Church at 11 am on Saturday, December 9th. Please keep his wife, Kathleen, and their family in your prayers at this time of their loss. May he rest in peace.
- Saphira, a six month old, who is suffering from the RSV virus. She is in critical condition. May our merciful God hold her in the palm of His hand and guide the doctors.
December 6, 2017
- Mark, the 51 year old friend of a parishioner, who went in for minor surgery and they found he has brain and lung cancer. He has two children. He has brain surgery scheduled for today and after he heals from the surgery will begin radiation therapy for the lung cancer.
- Prayers of thankfulness for the father of a parishioner who was recently on our prayer list. He is able to receive radiation for his vocal cord cancer. Although he has a tough road ahead, the family has hope since they are able to treat him and asks for continued prayers as he begins his treatments next week.
December 5, 2017
- The father of a parishioner, who has an appointment with his radiation oncologist this afternoon. That the doctor might be able to give hm some hope as to any treatment he may be able to receive. Also for his family as they deal with his prognosis.
- The father of a parishioner’s friend who is having a CT scan today to determine the reason behind his swollen lymph nodes. He’s battled cancer before and there is concern it has returned.
December 2, 2017
- Vic, a friend of a parishioner, who is discerning changes in his life. That he might be guided by the Holy Spirit in his discernment.
- Two children of a parishioner’s friend who have Cystic Fibrosis.