January 31, 2018
- Sharon, a parishioner, who is having hip replacement surgery today. Pray that the surgery might be without complication and for her recovery to good health.
January 29, 2018
- Ed, the father of a parishioner, who has been battling cancer for the past year and received unfortunate news last week. The cancer has spread and the prognosis is not good.
- Inger, who is in need of prayers and healing.
- A parishioners’ daughter who has severe chronic migraines and more recently problems with her sense of smell & taste. Prayers requested that her awaited MRI results are benign and that her migraines and related health problems are healed.
January 28, 2018
- Baby Isaiah, that his needs are put first in an upcoming custody battle.
- The cousins of a parishioner, Lenny and Tony, are grateful to everyone who prayed for them. Tony suffered a heart attack but now is doing well. Lenny has cancer but the latest PET scan showed only one small spot and they are treating it and think he will be okay.
January 27, 2018
- The sister of a parishioner who had breast cancer and beat it. She has now been diagnosed with Vulvar Cancer.
- The nephew of a parishioner’s friend who had a stroke is having emergency surgery as his brain swelled again from his stroke. His prognosis is poor.
- The aunt of a parishioner who was in a car accident yesterday. She is 90. Her prognosis is also poor.
- The mother of a parishioner who has an upcoming eye exam. Prayers that she does not have Macular Degeneration in her other eye.
January 26, 2018
- Dr. John, the father of the daughter-in-law of parishioners, who had a massive stroke yesterday and is not responding. He is 89 years old.
- Two days ago we had on our prayer list a 7 year old who died from the flu. Yesterday, that girl’s father had a massive stroke and was life flighted to AGH. Please continue to pray for this family during this very difficult time.
- Amy, the mother of a parishioner’s friend, who has pancreatic cancer and is failing quickly. Prayers for comfort and peace for Amy and her family and friends.
A few notes of thanks –
- In thanksgiving for a successful surgery for Tom, father of parishioners, who broke his femur. Please continue to keep him in prayer, as they found tumors on his leg. Prayers requested for healing and a smooth transition to rehab and in guiding his doctors in the best treatment plan for him. Thank you for the prayers!
- Thank you all for your continued prayers for George, the brother of a parishioner. His Brain MRI from last week was excellent. Again, it has been over 1 year from his diagnosis of Advanced Stage IV Metastatic Lung Cancer. Please do not ever doubt the power of prayer.
January 25, 2018
- Thomas Lees Glover, father of parishioner John (Mary Ann) Glover, who passed away on Tuesday. Thomas’ obituary can be found here in the Post-Gazette. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday at 10 am in Saint Kilian Church. May Thomas be welcomed into heavenly peace and eternal joy and may his family find comfort in their loss.
- Nicholas, son of parishioners, who is having tests to determine the cause of recent weight loss. Prayers that it is nothing serious and that the cause might be easily treatable.
January 24, 2018
- The 7 year old niece of a parishioner’s friend, who died from the flu. Prayers of comfort and peace for the family.
- Ava Grace, the 6 month old granddaughter of parishioners, who was recently hospitalized. Doctors do not believe her condition is the result of the flu. Prayers that doctors might find and treat the cause of her illness.
- Ed, a parishioner, who was admitted to the hospital with heart issues. Pray that doctors can provide effective treatment and for his return to good health.
January 23, 2018
- The sister of a parishioner who is battling stage 4 ovarian cancer.
- Dave, the brother-in-law of a parishioner, who fell out of a tree stand on Saturday and landed on a rock on his back. They kept him overnight in hospital and they’re bringing in a neurosurgeon to check on any underlying problems. Luckily at this point there is nothing broken, which is very good since he broke his back about five years ago.
January 22, 2018
- Chip, husband of a parishioner’s niece, who was recently hospitalized after passing out at home. Pray that it is nothing serious.
- All those who are suffering from the flu. May doctors find ways to treat patients and lessen the impact and spread of this virus.
- Tom, father of a parishioner, who has bone cancer and fell last night and broke his femur. He will have surgery today. Please guide the surgeons for a successful surgery and bring peace and comfort to him and his family.
January 21, 2018
- Nancy, lifetime friend of a parishioner, who is seriously ill and was hospitalized several days ago. Please pray for her healing and relief from pain.
January 20, 2018
- Jodi, a parishioner, who will be having surgery on Monday that the surgery is successful and without complications.
- Lori, the sister-in-law of parishioners, who was on our email prayer chain for her Stage IV Lung Cancer diagnosis. The doctors have informed them that Lori has two weeks to live. Please pray for peace and comfort for her, her husband, Bill, and her two sons, Ian and Carson.
January 19, 2018
- Eileen, a true and faithful servant of the Lord. She has a touched thousands of children lives in a positive and inspiring way. Give her strength and grant her a miracle of perfect health.
- Annie, the aunt of a parishioner, who is awaiting results of a lung biopsy and will have a brain MRI this week. Please pray for the strength to handle whatever the results will reveal, as well as knowledgable physicians to care for her.
- Marie who is having a hernia repair on Friday. Guide the surgeon to effectively remove the hernia without complicating her other health issues.
- Dolly, the sister of a parishioner, who recently had a stroke. Prayers for her recovery.
- Prayers of thanksgiving for the father of a parishioner who was on our prayer list a few days ago. The tests were completed with ease. As they await the results they ask prayers that the Lord would keep him close and provide him with His divine healing.
January 18, 2018
- Jessica the niece of a parishioner, who is a mom in her early 30s with a 2 year old daughter and another daughter due in April. She has shingles and is in need of prayers for healing and comfort, and prayers that the shingles don ‘t cause any complications for the baby. Please pray also for their two year old daughter who has a tumor on her leg, that it is not dangerous to her health. Please pray for her entire family through this trying time. Thank you so much for your loving gift of prayer. Prayers change lives and give such hope!
- The daughter of a parishioner who is having surgery on Friday. Prayers that the surgery might be successful and provide effective treatment.
- Kathleen, the friend of parishioner. Prayers requested for healing, strength and peace as she undergoes treatment for her thyroid and breast cancer and for another friend who is struggling with her aggressive treatment for head/neck cancer.
- Bret, the brother-in-law of parishioners, who was recently diagnosed with invasive bladder cancer and will be meeting with an oncologist. Prayers that they might provide effective treatment for him.
- Pray for those from our parish and all over the country who will be participating in the March for Life tomorrow in Washington DC. May they promote awareness and effect change in the protection of all life from conception until natural death. The Nine Days for Life Novena begins today. You can find the prayers for each day HERE on the USCCB Website.
January 17, 2018
- Robert Pender, a parishioner, who passed away early this morning. Bob’s obituary can be found here on the McDonald-Aeberli website.A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at Saint Kilian Church on Saturday, January 20th at 11:30 am. Please keep his wife, Marge, and their family in your prayers. May Bob be one with all the Saints in the glory of Heaven.
- Jill as her physicians try to pinpoint the cause of some issues she’s suffering from right now.
- Prayers of thanksgiving for Marguerite and Carolyn who were on our prayer list last week for intestinal and abdominal surgeries. Both are doing very well and no signs of cancer recurrence for Marguerite. Praise be to God.
- Clara, a beautiful, innocent 2 year old girl fighting for her life at children’s hospital. Please pray for healing and strength for her family.
- George, who has been on our prayer list, since his diagnosis of Stage 4 metastatic Lung cancer in January of 2017. He goes on Thursday to review the brain MRI he had on Monday. Please pray that he continues to be miraculously healed in a way only God can do.
- Sandy, who had a heart catheterization yesterday to determine her heart issues. That the testing may provide answers and a plan of treatment.
January 16, 2018
- The father of a parishioner who is having some tests this week. Please pray for positive results and pray for him to have strength and courage and to remain positive.
- Inger, the wife of a parishioner, who is battling Lupus.
- The family of Joyce, who was on our prayer list( Dec 8 and Dec 30), would like to thank everyone for the many prayers offered up for Joyce during her battle with cancer. Joyce was a great example of God’s love shining through with her bravery and positive attitude. God wrapped his arms around her and took her to her heavenly home on January 12. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
January 15, 2018
- Danielle, the daughter of a parishioner, who is having an endoscopy today to hopefully determine the cause of her stomach issues.
- Lenny and Tony, who are brothers and cousins of a parishioner. Tony has recently had a heart attack and was just readmitted to the hospital with chest pains. Lenny is recovering from brain surgery and found out the tumor removed had metastasized from his lungs so they are now preparing to treat the lung cancer. The family just lost their youngest brother in October.
- Casey, a 49 year old mother of 3 girls recently diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. She has already had a double mastectomy and is ready to start chemotherapy soon.
January 10, 2018
- Richie, who just lost his job and just diagnosed with a rare disease affecting his joints and will most likely need surgery.
- Frank who is elderly and fell and hit his head. He is very weak and confused
- Marguerite who is having intestinal surgery today.
- Carolyn who is recovering from abdominal surgery.
January 9, 2018
- The daughter of a parishioner who will be having a PET scan tomorrow. Prayers that the results might be favorable.
January 8, 2018
- A family going through a very difficult time. One brother has Stage IV cancer, another brother was in a car accident on Christmas Eve. He sustained a fractured leg and it was discovered he has several tumors and lesions on his brain. Tests are pending. Their elderly father has pneumonia. May the Good Lord shower this family with the graces of strength and healing.
January 6, 2018
- Arthur Pollaci, father of parishioner Patrick (wife, Jodell) Pollaci, who passed away Friday, January 5th. Arthur’s obituary can be found HERE. May Arthur’s wife, Marianne, and their family find comfort and support at this time of their loss.
- Robert Messina, a parishioner, who died Friday evening. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 am on Tuesday at Saint Kilian Church. Robert’s obituary can be found here on the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home website. Please keep his wife, Judy and their family in your prayers during this difficult time.
Grant Robert and Arthur light, happiness, and peace. May they live forever with all the saints.
January 5, 2018
- Yolanda, the mother of a parishioner who is 103 and has been blessed with good health and a sound mind until a few weeks ago. She’s suffering from severe back pain. They recently moved her from a nursing home in Lawrenceville to a nursing home in Plum. Pray that the move will be a good experience and that doctors are able to control her pain.
- Wilma Meyers, a resident at Penn Mar Plaza in Mars, who died Wednesday. Wilma’s obituary can be found here at the McDonald-Aeberli website. Pray for her family at this time of their loss and for Wilma’s sister, Theresa, who also lives at Penn Mar. May Wilma join all the saints in the glory of Eternal Life.
January 4, 2018
- Wilma, who is under hospice care and is expected to pass in the next few days. For her sister who lives with her and for Wilma’s children who have been caring for her. May they find comfort and support in the days ahead. May Wilma enter into the peace and joy of eternal life.
- Stephanie, the daughter of parishioners, as she will start receiving IVIG infusions on Monday, January 8th. She has an immune deficiency and doctors are hoping that these infusions will boost her immune system and keep her healthy.
- The mother of a parishioner’s friend, she has had a third surgery on a hip replacement! Pray that she is on the road to a full recovery. Also prayers of strength as she just lost her husband recently. This is the first time she has had to deal with something of this nature without him.
- Thank you for the prayers for the mother of a parishioner….the pancreatitis has calmed down and she was discharged from the hospital. However she now is in a nursing home for rehab as she became very weak from her hospital stay. Please pray for her to get stronger so she can go back to her home soon. She lives on her own and she is 91.
January 3, 2018
- Lynn who is having complications after a heart procedure.