March 31, 2018
- Jacob A. Dvorak, father of parishioner Jake (Jennifer) Dvorak, who passed away on Thursday. Jacob’s obituary can be found HERE. Eternal rest grant unto him , O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
March 30, 2018
- Joe, a parishioner, whose last day of work is today as he begins retirement after 43 years of employment. May he receive abundant blessings in this new chapter of his life and may the Holy Spirit guide him in the days ahead to embark on new paths to love and serve God.
March 29, 2018
- Bill, the father of a parishioner who was on our prayer list yesterday. He had a CT scan that revealed a large tumor on his liver. The Oncologist is saying that it’s too big to operate on and that he will need radiation first. Prayers that they might begin effective treatment as soon as possible.
March 28, 2018
- Bill, the father of a parishioner, who was admitted to the hospital yesterday in A-fib and they are also trying to determine the cause of his 25 pound weight loss over the past 3 months. Prayers also for strength for his wife who is in early stages of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Nancy, the mother of a parishioner, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
March 27, 2018
- Julie, the daughter of parishioners, who was in remission from ovarian cancer but recent test results show that the cancer has returned.
- Dolly, the sister of a parishioner, who has been on our prayer list. She recently suffered another stroke more serious than the previous one.
- Tom, father of a parishioner, who is feeling depressed and defeated in his battle with cancer. Please pray for his strength and let him feel the love of God and his family during this difficult time.
March 26, 2018
- Friends of a parishioner who are dealing with family conflict.
March 25, 2018
- Donna Lukachinsky, mother of parishioner Fred (Sandy) Lukachinsky, who passed away on Monday, March 19th. Donna’s obituary can be found HERE. May Donna rest in peace and be one with the Lord forever in heaven. May her family and friends be consoled in their loss.
- Jason, friend of a parishioner, who has been hospitalized due to blood clots that have moved from the legs to the lungs.
March 23, 2018
- Anna Marie Sudina, grandmother of parishioner Kristin (Donald) Ravasio who passed away on Wednesday. A mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at Noon on Tuesday, March 27th in Saint Kilian Church. May Anna be one with all the saints in heaven and may her family be comforted in their loss.
- Maria, the daughter of a parishioner, that she heals from the bacterial infection on her hand and she finds help for her anxiety.
March 21, 2018
- Pat, the sister-in-law of a parishioner, who is 79 and injured her spine in a fall. She will be having tests today to find what was damaged.
- Carol, the sister of a parishioner, who meets with her oncologist and a surgeon tomorrow to see if surgery is possible for her stage 4 ovarian cancer.
March 20, 2018
- Ashley, who had a heart ablation Monday. Procedure took much longer than anticipated but she is recovering well and will be going home today. Thank you for all your prayers.
- Tom, a parishioner, who is in the hospital with high heart rate and blood sugar. Prayers for his quick return to good health.
- Susan, friend of parishioner, who fell down stairs and sustained several broken bones and other injuries. Susan has severe glaucoma and is nearly blind. She is a very positive person. Please ask God to grant her faith and know that her friends and family are here to support her.
- Edwin, father of a parishioner’s friend, who is in a rehab center. Has had his gallbladder and appendix removed, but now he is not eating much. He is also having heart problems.
- Prayers of Thanksgiving for Brian, the nephew of a parishioner, and his wife, Becky who had twin girls yesterday morning. Mom and baby girls are doing great.
- For the 55 Oakland Catholic High School girls and chaperones who are leaving next week (Tuesday the 27th) to spend time doing mission work in the schools in Washington DC. They will be visiting the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in their free time. Prayers for safe travels, and also that the school children enjoy their time with the girls.
- Nick, a parishioner, who has been on our prayer list. Pray that doctors might find and treat the cause of his weight loss and digestion issues.
March 19, 2018
- A single mom who is looking to adopt. Prayers that she might find an infant/child in need of a loving home.
- Prayers of thanks to our Lord for the birth of James Ronald, son of parishioners Madeline and Jeremy and grandson of parishioners Rita and Ron. Everyone is doing will. Praise God for this blessing!
- Prayers of thankfulness that Sarah, who was detained in Iraq, is now back home on American soil.
March 17, 2018
- Catherine Borgese, a parishioner who died Friday morning. Catherine’s obituary can be found here on the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home website. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 am on Tuesday, March 20th at Saint Kilian Church. May Catherine’s family be comforted in their loss and may she find eternal happiness and joy.
March 15, 2018
- Mikey, son of parishioners, who is being readmitted to the hospital following his emergency appendectomy. He is still in a lot of pain. Pray that doctors are able to find and treat the cause.
- The friend of a parishioner who is having testing for heart issues. Pray that the outcome of the testing gives good results.
- Ashley, grandniece of parishioners, who is having heart ablation on Monday. Prayers that the procedure goes as planned and for her continued good health.
- Lenny, brother-in-law of parishioners, who suffered a moderate heart attack. That the doctors may treat and give guidance to prevent any further attacks.
March 14, 2018
- Sarah, friend of a parishioner’s family, who is in Iraq for work, and who is now being detained against her will. They have taken her passport and credentials (and those of her coworker as well) and are not allowing her to leave the country, claiming visa rules changed two days ago. Her employer has engaged counsel and many are working to free these two Americans. This a scary time for her family and friends. Pray that she (and her coworker) to be able to come home safe and sound.
- Inger, the wife of a parishioner, that she may experience healing and comfort from the disease Lupus.
- Martha Misson who passed away yesterday. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Friday at 10 am in Saint Kilian Church. Martha’s obituary can be found here on the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home website. May Martha find eternal happiness and may her family be comforted in their loss.
March 13, 2018
- George, who suffered multiple falls resulting in a head injury, brain bleed, and craniotomy, that the health care staff can manage to keep him off of his feet so that he can make a full recovery.
- Tom, the friend of parishioners who had a triple by pass last week, thanks all of you for the prayers that made his surgery successful. He truly felt your prayerful support during his emergency trips to the hospital leading up to this surgery. God is Good.
March 12, 2018
- Annie, the aunt of a parishioner, who is having surgery today to remove one of her lungs due to cancer.
- Mikey, the son of parishioners, who is at Children’s Hospital and will have emergency surgery for appendicitis. Pray that the surgery goes/went well and for his recovery to good health.
March 11, 2018
- Tammy and her family who lost their home to a fire two weeks ago, that their request for funding for the new perfect home they found, is approved.
March 9, 2018
- Theresa, an elderly woman dealing with several health issues and grieving the loss of her sister. May she finding healing and peace.
March 7, 2018
- Bret, the brother-in-law of parishioners, who had his bladder removed due to cancer. He was recently hospitalized with an infection. Pray that they might treat the infection so that he can continue to recover from the bladder removal.
- Lisa who will be having an nerve ablation today. It is hoped that the procedure will relieve the pain she experiences in her neck and face from Neurofibromatosis Type II. Ask for guidance for the surgeons that will be performing the operation and that Lisa does not have a painful recovery.
- Al, the husband of a parishioner’s friend, who will be having a triple bypass surgery today. We pray that the operation will be successful and he will have a speedy recovery.
- Deb who’s son is suffering from paranoia and is currently in the hospital.
- Darlene, the mother-in-law of a parishioner. Tests came back indicating she has lung cancer. Please pray that her doctors make the right decisions in her treatment and that she stays positive and healthy through this ordeal. She already beat breast cancer!
- The daughter of a parishioner’s friend who is in the hospital after having an allergic reaction. Her family needs prayers of strength since they have other issues they are dealing with as well.
- Mike, friend of a parishioner, who had a spinal stimulator implant yesterday.
- A mother and daughter, friends of parishioners, who are in need of prayers for their relationship.
- Al, brother of a parishioner’s friend, who went into cardiac arrest on Saturday, and was brought back by CPR. He is in a medically induced coma to cool his body and protect his brain.
- Mrs. G, the elderly mother of a parishioner’s friend, who had a risky surgery Monday and came through it, and will have a long road to recovery.
March 6, 2018
- Renee, a parishioner, who is having knee replacement surgery this morning. May her surgery go smoothly and her recovery go well.
March 5, 2018
- Karen, the daughter of a parishioner, who will have knee surgery on March 5 (today). May God to provide a safe surgical procedure and quick recovery.
March 4, 2018
- Rose Reiter, the aunt of parishioner, Nancy (John) Pristas, who passed away Friday after an extended illness and also Elizabeth Wagner, her sister, who passed away suddenly late that same night. They were the older sisters of Agnes, Nancy’s mother. Prayers for their family and especially for Agnes as she is just devastated from this news. Rose’s obituary can be found HERE. Elizabeth’s arrangements, found HERE, are incomplete at this time. May Rose and Elizabeth be one with all the saints and angels and may their souls and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
March 3, 2018
- Betty Lou, her car was hit so hard they totaled the car and she is in a lot of pain.
- Doreen, cousin of a parishioner who received the results of her biopsy yesterday.
- Prayers of thanksgiving for John, the father of a parishioner, who has been on the prayer list since December. They were given a preliminary diagnosis of cancer, but after traveling to get an expert second opinion, it was found that he does NOT have cancer!!! He does still need some treatment to cure his condition, but he is given a very good prognosis!! God is good! Please keep him in your prayers, that the treatment is successful with minimal side effects!
March 2, 2018
- Lois who was diagnosed with breast cancer, that she will get through this difficult time, as she is also caring for her 99 year old Mother.
March 1, 2018
- Eileen, who was on our prayer chain for knee surgery. Complications have landed her back in the hospital for more than a week. She needs to go to acute rehab but the insurance company is denying this request. Pray that those making these decisions will see the need for her to have acute care so that her healing can take a positive path.
- John, who lost his son (age 32) in an automobile accident. May John find comfort and may the angels receive his son’s soul and present him to God the Most High.