May 31, 2018
- John, the brother of a parishioner, who was recently diagnosed with a heart condition. Pray that the doctors are able to provide treatment to bring about healing and good health.
- Parishioners who are completing the 33 Days to Morning Glory retreat and who will be making their Marian consecration this evening – that they may live out their consecration to the fullest, bearing great fruit, and through the Blessed Mother draw ever nearer to the Sacred Heart of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
May 30, 2018
- Bill, the father of a parishioner, who is being treated for his liver cancer. He had his anti-cancer medication stopped due to serious side effects. He will be started on an immunotherapy medication today (Wednesday). Prayers that he will tolerate this new medication and that it will work to shrink his tumor, and give him more quality time with his family.
- The father of a parishioner who will have a second surgery on his eyelids today after the first attempt did not correct the issue. Prayers that this operation has the desired results and heals properly.
May 29, 2018
- Mary Ellen Adams, wife of parishioner John Adams, who passed away this morning. Her obituary can be found here on the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home website. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 am on Saturday, June 2nd in Saint Kilian Church. May her husband and her family find comfort and consolation and may she be one with all the saints in the heavenly kingdom.
- Aiden, an infant of a parishioner’s friend, who is in the NICU with a genetic disorder causing breathing and swallowing issues. Please pray for him and his family as the doctors are not giving them much hope.
- Madeline, the mother of a parishioner, who began hospice care yesterday. May God’s grace and blessings touch her during her final journey.
- Frank, the brother-in-law of a parishioner, who will undergo exploratory surgery to assess and hopefully remove a GI blockage
- Jadon, a 9 year old who has health issues and for his mother and grandmother as they care for him.
May 28, 2018
- A young parishioner dealing with chronic anxiety and chronic headaches. That God will restore his peace and heal his mind and body.
Prayer for Memorial Day
On this Memorial Day, we pray for those who courageously laid down their lives for the cause of freedom. May the examples of their sacrifice inspire in us the selfless love of Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Bless the families of our fallen troops, and fill their homes and their lives with Your strength and peace.
In union with people of goodwill of every nation, embolden us to answer the call to work for peace and justice, and thus, seek an end to violence and conflict around the globe.
We ask this through your name. Amen.
Also, please pray for the following friends and family of Saint Kilian parishioners who are currently serving in the military:
Seth Benedek, Dale Mahafkey, John N. Dvorak, MAJ Patrick Mondi, Mary D. Dvorak, TSgt. Angela Montgomery, Dominic Greco, Max Masters, Andrew Guevara, Cpt. Ermes Natale, Alan Gundloch, Shawn Palmer, LCpl. Dakota Harbison, CDR Douglas Pegher, Lt. Ben Harper, CAPT Brian Radford, Will Hospodor, David Smeigh, Christopher Iole, Marc Spangler, Scott Kohl, Daniel Topf, CPL Dylan Lukachinsky.
May 27, 2018
- Tyson, a friend of parishioners, who is hospitalized with serious heart issues. His family has just learned that he is in critical need of a heart transplant. He is married, in his 30’s and has two young daughters.
May 25, 2018
- Peggy, a former parishioner, who is in ICU at Mission Viejo Hospital. Pray for Peggy to feel God’s peace and presence, and for strength for her family and doctors to make the right decisions for her.
May 24, 2018
- Sarah and her husband Josh who lost their unborn daughter, Amelia Hope, early Tuesday morning due to complications from HELLP syndrome. That their faith in God will help comfort them as they mourn their loss
May 23, 2018
- The unborn granddaughter of a parishioner’s friend, who has been diagnosed with Anencephaly, (the absence of a major portion of the brain, skull, and scalp that occurs during embryonic development). For God’s healing touch for the baby, and comfort for her devastated parents and family.
- Lanie, the niece of a parishioner who had surgery for an infected cyst in her neck, for continued healing.
May 22, 2018
- Sarah, a friend of a parishioner, who is 20 weeks pregnant and was just diagnosed with HELLP syndrome. This is a rare but potentially life threatening syndrome to both the mother and baby. Delivery is the choice of treatment. Prayers for Sarah, her husband and baby. For her doctors, that God may guide them as to the best options of treatment for Sarah and her baby.
- Prayers of thanks for John, the father of a parishioner, who has completed is radiation treatments for vocal cord cancer. His scope last week looked good at this time. Continued prayers for healing and that he may follow the advise of his doctors.
- Jackie, the sister of a parishioner, who is going through a situation and is isolating her family. Pray that she turns to God and gets over what she is going through.
May 21, 2018
- June Grogan, mother of parishioner Alan (Sue) Grogan, who passed away on May 19th. Arrangements are to be announced and will available HERE on the McDermott Funeral Home website. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
May 18, 2018
- Kelly, the daughter-in-law of a parishioner, who is in her 9th month of pregnancy and is battling bouts of high blood pressure and is now hospitalized. The doctors are now checking for preeclampsia. May God grant healing and a healthy delivery of her baby girl.
May 17, 2018
- Marcie, the friend of a parishioner, who will be having several procedures and surgery to fight her cancer diagnosis. Prayers that God will guide the physicians hands for a successful surgery, treatment and healing. Prayers also for her daughter and family for peace and strength during this difficult time.
- Inger, the wife of a parishioner, that God lay his healing hands upon her and heal her from her Lupus health issues.
Also, praise God for this blessing – Thank you all for your prayers for Nick, who had a custody hearing Tuesday. He was granted primary physical and legal custody of his son, who he has been solely caring for since he was seven weeks old. He’s such a good dad!!
May 16, 2018
- Rita, friend of a parishioner, will be having surgery today to remove cancer cells. She has been told this will be a very painful post surgery and prayers are needed for her to be able to tolerate the pain and for God to guide the doctors to have a successful and complete removal of the cancerous tissue.
- Gene, a parishioner, who will have surgery on Friday. Pray that the surgery goes as planned and for his recovery to good health.
- The 19 year old daughter of a parishioner’s who had a tonsillectomy yesterday. May she heal quickly and without complication.
May 15, 2018
- Nick, a parishioner who has a custody hearing for his son Tuesday afternoon, that the outcome is the custody he is seeking.
- Jessica, the fiancé of a friend who is the Cleveland Clinic in an induced coma fighting for her life. Pray that the doctors are able to bring her back to normal health with no long term consequences and that she can proceed on with her marriage.
May 9, 2018
- Joyce, the friend of a parishioner, who will be undergoing lumpectomy surgery, followed by possible additional surgery for removal of lymph nodes. Pray that God guides her surgeon through the process, and that God rest His healing hands on Joyce after the surgery.
May 8, 2018
- Veronica who has a important hearing Tuesday.
- Evan, the nephew of parishioners, who was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
May 7, 2018
- Eileen, a parishioner, who will be having a heart catheterization done on Tuesday morning and is in need of our prayers and also prayers for the doctors as they decide the correct route to take in making their diagnosis.
May 5, 2018
- The daughter of a parishioner’s friend who is in high school and had a very serious surgery yesterday in New Jersey for scoliosis. Pray for a smooth recovery and a return to good health without pain after she recovers and strength for her family!
May 4, 2018
- Scarlett, granddaughter of a parishioner’s friend, who is a one month old in the hospital for severe digestive issues. May the doctors find the cause and may it be healed.
- Margaret Gourash, a parishioner, who passed away on April 28th. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday, May 5th at 10 am in Saint Kilian Church. Margaret’s obituary can be found here on the McDonald-Aeberli Funeral Home website. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
May 3, 2018
- Debbie, who has/had a hysterectomy on Wednesday due to uterine cancer. Prayers for her surgery results and for her other serious colon and liver problems.
- Karen, who continues to have serious bone infection and surgery complications following an injury.
- Prayers of Thanksgiving:
- for Denise, a friend of parishioner, who received good news that her salivary gland tumor is benign.
- for the daughter of a parishioner, who has accepted a very good job offer.
May 1, 2018
- Lauren, so that her cardiology appointment goes well and she will not need to have a procedure to close the hole in her heart.